The Scramble software is my playground when experimenting with live video. It's a kind of Magic Lantern into which you can throw any kind of picture and animate it – I feed scramble with my own drawings, videos or photos – or start drawing from scratch in a 3D space.
Scramble has its roots in film history. One of its animation effects is a remake of the Zoetrope, a pre-cinema technology. Inspired by Orson Welles, I have also created a Soft/Deep Focus effect that simulates the depth of field of the traditional camera.
- Unlimited numbers of layers
- GPU image processing with shaders
- Live video input, and image grabbing
- Controls: sensors, midi, audio, Internet
- Output: HDTV resolution 1920*1080
- Language: Max/Msp/Jitter